The Dazzle™ metal stain removal method is designed to be an effective, non-damaging way to remove metal stains from pool or hot tub surfaces. This method works best when the instructions are followed accurately, allowing the correct amount of time between each step.
What is the Process?
1. Test pool or hot tub water for metals (copper and iron are most common). Fill water should also be tested. With a metal stain, dissolved metals may or may not be present in the water based on the degree to which the plating occurred. If dissolved metals still exist in the water as highlighted in the testing, apply Dazzle™ Metal Cleanse at the rate of 125 ml per 10,000 litres per 1 ppm of total metals. If metals exist in the fill water: 1) minimize procedures that remove water from the pool to limit future applications of fill water and 2) use a maintenance addition of Dazzle™ Metal Cleanse to deter future staining (25 ml per 10,000 litres weekly).
2. Use a Vitamin C tablet to gently rub on the stain. If the stain lightens or is removed completely, this process will work.
3. Properly balance the pool water as per the AquaAce recommendation for the pool surface type. Use AquaAce to balance the pH on the lower side of acceptable (7.2 – 7.4).
4. Allow the chlorine residual to drop to 1 ppm or less. A high chlorine residual or any other oxidizing agent in play during the process will prevent Stain Free from performing as designed.
5. Use of Dazzle™ Filter Enhance will help the filter capture the small particles created during the stain removal process. Do not use general water clarifiers for this process.
6. Run the pool pump until the process is complete. If backwashing is required, reapply filter aid after each backwash.
7. Add 120 g of Stainfree per 10,000 litres of pool water (1 lb. per 10,000 US Gallons) by sprinkling around the edges of the pool and over the surface of the water.
8. Brush the pool with specific emphasis on heavily stained areas.
9. After 1 hour, add Dazzle™ Metal Cleanse at the rate of 125 ml per 10,000 litres.
10. Wait 24 hours, then vacuum the entire surface of the pool to the filter, or preferably, to waste if the fill water is free of metals (refer to step #1).
11. Allow water to filter for another 24 hours, if possible, before backwashing/cleaning the filter. Using a filter cleaner like Dazzle™ Filter Cleanse will significantly improve the ability of the filter to eliminate the metal concentration attached to the filter media.
12. Perform another water test and re-balance as required. Re-establish the sanitizer level by applying sanitizer slowly to the pool water. A fast-dissolving granular product like Dazzle™ Ultra Shock is excellent for this purpose.
13. Remember the use of Dazzle Metal Cleanse to help prevent future staining from occurring.